Don’t want to worry about that vulnerable yet critical steering component hanging down so low? Ever bent or damaged your stock tie rod? Well, with this one you won’t ever have to worry about it again.
Trail Forged is proud to announce THE largest, strongest, trail tested TOUGH JK tie rod on the market. In fact, we’re so confident in it’s strength we warranty the tie rod AND the end forgings FOR LIFE. That’s right, you manage to bend or break one, send us a photo and we’ll ship you a replacement….at no charge.
Fits all 07-18 JK and JKU, both with the Dana 30, and Rubicon Dana 44 front axle. Can even be installed with stock 17″ wheels and zero lift!
But why run a Trail Forged 2.5 Ton Tie Rod? Well….
- Massive 2″ diameter, 1/4″ wall carbon steel 1026 tube
- Almost absurd 1 1/4″ threads on the forged, heat treated tie rod ends
- JK specific taper means zero reaming or modification of your knuckles and pitman arm required!
- Anti-flop bushings reduce tie rod roll for tight, responsive steering, and can be used for hydro-assist systems
- Special serrated locking washers prevent loose jam nuts
- Wrench flats for easy tightening
- Includes heavy duty steering stabilizer bracket with 1/2″ mounting hole
- And finally….the tie rod ends use removable cartridges….why you ask?
- Easily removable and replaceable if one wears out…far cheaper than replacing an entire tie rod end
- Once aligned…you can replace a cartridge and NEVER have to set toe again!
- Various tapers available…. someone already reamed your knuckles out to a GM size? Or a straight through 3/4″ hole? No problem, we have cartridges for that.
Other Cool Facts:
- Featured on Motor Trend TV’s Motorhead Garage
- Over 400% stronger than the stock tie rod
- Zombie apocalypse? No problem, unbolt this bad boy and you’ve some serious club action
- Your Jeeping buddies will be jealous…. just point and say “Mine’s bigger” and you will NEVER be wrong!
Eric Pedri (verified owner) –
I installed this Tie Rod back in April on my stock 2008 JKU-Rubicon. Absolutely love it, been on the trails with no issues and confidence it won’t fall apart on me. My only compliant, and its pretty minor, is the Steering Stabilizer Bracket I had to stall upside down because my Jeep is at stock height. My steering stabilizer would not align with the bracket hole upright like it should be. Should not be a problem once I properly lift my Jeep in the next year.
That all said. I would recommend to others, and buy again for a new Jeep because this one won’t be braking as long as I own this Jeep.
We looked at every JK tie rod on the market before deciding on this one. It is hands down, the beefiest tie rod available for the JK and surprisingly not the most expensive! With how low these are on the JK, being stout is extremely important. It comes packed nicely, and with candy in the box! The install was VERY easy as it uses the stock JK taper, so no need to mess with reamers or drilling or anything.
I’d recommend this to anyone with a JK, and will use another if I build another Jeep.