Ever smacked your tie rod and/or steering stabilizer into something? Bent or broken it? Frustrated by the fact that you can flip both the tie rod and drag link on every other Jeep model but yours? No longer…
Want a “high steer” or “top mount” steering kit that actually does what it says…mount both steering links up above the knuckle? Trail Forged’s totally unique, specially engineered, trail tested, and patent pending methodology bring to you the first ever complete drag link and tie rod flip steering kit for your JK Wrangler, whether you have the factory Dana 30 or 44 front axle! Utilizing incredibly strong 1.5″ Carbon Steel Tubing, massive 7/8″ Heat Treated Chromoly Heim joints, and comes ready-to-install powder coated, this is, hands down, the most complete, well designed and fabricated steering solution for you.
- (1) Heavy duty adjustable drag link
- (1) Heavy duty adjustable tie rod
- Comes standard powder coated, or select bare steel for a discount
- (4) Massive 7/8″ Premium heat treated chromoly, teflon lined heim joints with jam nuts
- Massive 3/4″ Grade 8 hardware
- Proprietary Patent Pending mounting system
- Detailed instructions
- Optional stabilizer bracket with 1/2″ mounting hole (bracket also powder coated unless you choose bare kit)
- Optional reamer kit for best installation practices (installation requires drilling/reaming knuckles and pitman arm)
Quite simply the best steering solution for your JK, hands down.
- Fits all ’07-’17 JK Wranglers (2 and 4 door), with both the Dana 30 and Dana 44 axle, with lifts up to 6.5″
- 1.5″ OD 0.25″ wall Carbon Steel tube is stronger than out of the box 4130 Chromoly tube, standard DOM tube used by others, and stronger even than 1.5″ standard grade solid steel bar!
- We are the very first to have designed a kit that retains your factory knuckles yet moves your steering links up 2.5 inches. That’s higher even (by more than 1″) than aftermarket high steer knuckles, at less than half the cost of an HD steering and knuckles package! Not to mention far less labor.
- Fully threaded hexagonal inserts for maximum strength and ease of adjustment.
- Clears sway bar links, HD diff cover, coil buckets, etc. No sacrificing anything to fit this!
- OTK mounting gives you ultimate clearance and flat suspension geometry when paired with an OTA trackbar system. See our complete package here.
We have such confidence in the strength and durability we warranty the links against bending or breaking… for LIFE.
- Production kits will begin shipping 1-15.
- We have confirmed fitment on 17″ wheels with 5.45″ backspacing (17×8.5 ET +18). We cannot confirm clearance on wheels with less (numerically higher) backspacing or smaller diameter.
- Installing this kit without relocating the track bar mounting point may result in bump steer. If you do not have a track bar relocation system in place, we offer that as well as a complete OTK steering and track bar relocation package here.
- If you wish to retain your steering stabilizer, you will have to relocate it; most track bar brackets can accommodate this.
- Installation requires reaming your knuckles and pitman arm out to two different sizes. We offer a (2) ream kit to accomplish this if you do not have access to your own. While we do suggest using reams, some have successfully used standard drill bits (3/4″ and 51/64″), your results may vary.
- Heims are much stronger than tie rod ends, but are not directly greasable so we recommend spraying them with lubricant on a regular maintenance schedule to increase their lifespan.
- Some may notice some slight additional noise over fast rough trails, this is normal as the joints freely move through their range of motion.