Are you ready for THE WJ Grand Cherokee front suspension upgrade?
After a lengthy and diligent engineering and testing process, we are finally ready to share the fruits of our labor.
- 3 piece heavy duty crossmember replaces the thin factory unit and allows for transmission and transfer case service without affecting the suspension
- Integrated transmission mount tabs. Why replace the crossmember and still rely on the old, thin factory mount bracket? This crossmember bolts directly to your transmission mount!
- Carefully engineered to be boxed, braced, and gusseted for maximum strength without adding unnecessary weight. 3/16″ steel primary structure, 1/4″ plate skid (with full front and rear package)
- Entire package is only 47 lbs heavier than what it replaces, but FAR stronger!
- Bolts in to the factory crossmember location with supplied hardware, then add welds for ultimate strength and reliability
- EIGHT grade 8 bolts mount the 3 pieces together for supreme rigidity and strength
- Super long links for ultra flat geometry and superior ride quality
- Fully adjustable for alignment and up to 1″ stretch (want more? we can make it happen, contact us)
- Run the full 4 link, or go for the 3 link for the ultimate in trail rig flex (see notes)
- 2″x .250″ Square Lower Links provide significantly more strength than round tube
- 1.5″ .250″ DOM Upper Links allow for clean clearance bends without sacrificing strength
- Genuine Currie Johnny Joints, because they’re the best!
- Designed with customized joints to keep the grease fittings above the links and out of harms way while still remaining accessible for service!
- Trail Forged’s Better Bushing™
- Supreme flex
- No service required
- Smooth, quiet ride
- Self-centering keeps them oriented the right way
- Included 9/16″ grade 8 hardware and lower link spacers
And to make it all even better:
- Optional Trail Forged HD axle side upper control arm bushings with oversize 1/2″ grade 8 hardware for supreme ride quality, strength, and longevity. Most kits don’t even give you an option here but to leave your old, likely long dead bushings pressed into the axle housing. What better time then now to upgrade to our HD bushings?
- Add on new bump stops and/or bump stop extensions to make sure your suspension is working at its best. (See notes)
- Designed to be easily expanded to our full front to rear crossmember, links, and skid system at any time! The ONLY front and rear 4 link system on the market, not to mention the only one with a rail to rail flat belly skid.
The stats speak for themselves, order NOW and get the best performing WJ link system on your rig!
We have tested this on lifts as low as 3″, while it may work lower than this, the limit is up travel/bump travel and we cannot confirm clearance in your specific application. Bump stop extensions may solve this issue on even lower lifts.
Due to the extreme side to side movement of the axle with a factory style trackbar, low lift heights (3″) may see some frame contact on the passenger upper link. A drop trackbar bracket, 3″ bumpstop extensions, or taller lifts should solve this. We fish plated the frame rail in our low lift test rig to solve this issue (about a 3″ section, and pretty easily accessible area to work in) so we could retain the super low COG.
We highly recommend the full 4 link for road and daily driven applications for the tightest feel and best longevity. Our 4 link design does provide bind-free articulation through its entire range of motion. For super flexy trail rigs or other custom applications, the 3 link option is offered.
About bump stops: 10″ travel shocks (depending on collapsed length) tend to work well with our 2″ extensions, 11″ with our 3″ extensions, and 12″ with our 4″ extensions. Contact us if you have specific needs in this department. We suggest testing your flex to determine the correct length for your application.
Production lead time can be up to 4 weeks. Our products are made by hand at our shop in Northern California. We take pride in our craftsmanship and want to ensure you receive the best possible product. Please message us before ordering if you need a product by a specific date.