Bolt in ready, or build it yourself.
- Bolt in ready version is completed, ready to go. Comes bare steel, paint color of your choice and go! See installation instructions here: WJ Rear Stubby Bumper – Installation Instructions.
- DIY version comes precision CNC bent, exactly like our production version, just not assembled and welded. Detailed assembly and weld instructions are available here: WJ Rear Stubby Bumper – DIY Assembly Instructions. General fabrication and welding knowledge/experience is recommended.
- Two Enclosed compartments. Store your straps, chains, recovery gear, trail snacks, whatever your heart desires
- Each compartment approximately 4″ x 4.7″ x 16″ in size.
- Integrated 2″ hitch receiver
- Mounting cutout for factory 7-pin trailer plug is included, bolt it in and retain your stock trailer plug!
- Optional 3/4″ CNC precision cut D-Ring shackle tabs
- By removing the factory sheetmetal bumper structure to mount this bumper, you are getting the highest clearance rear end system on the market.
- New bumper offers a similar amount of coverage as the factory steel bumper structure, just far stronger.
The strongest rear bumper mounting system…period.
- 1/4″ Precision CNC bent angular bumper mounts equals strength in multiple directions
- Integrated into all factory hitch/fuel tank hardware locations (replacement metric hardware optional)
- Laterally supported by 2 new bolt locations on the sides of each frame rail (hardware included)
- D-Ring shackle tabs can be installed after the fact if desired.
- Outer “wings” can be welded on at any point, if down the road you want to upgrade to a full width bumper you just need to add the outers! (D-ring tabs are required)
- The low hanging factory quarter panels can be cut out and replaced with our Lower Quarter Panel Replacement. This is required for install of full width bumpers only, but nets extraordinary amounts of room outside the frame rails for stubby bumpers as well.
- The swingout tire carrier can be added as well, at the same point, or at any point after upgrading to the full width bumper.
- While the bumper does include a 2″ receiver hitch, and it is boxed in very well, it included for recovery purposes only and is not intended, nor certified, for towing. Tow at your own discretion. The factory receiver hitch can be retained if heavier towing capacity is desired.
- This bumper does require removal of the stock rear sheetmetal bumper structure. The new bumper does add significant amount of structural integrity, and provides a similar amount of coverage and safety as the stock sheetmetal, Due to it’s high clearance design, it does visually reveal more under the vehicle than the stock bumper fascia.
- A fuel tank tuck is ideal for aesthetic purposes, but is not required. The bumper can be installed with factory fuel tank location, and tank tuck completed at later date if desired.
- Lead times: bolt in bumpers may take up to 4 weeks, and DIY up to 2 weeks. We do our best to keep inventory on hand, but it’s not guaranteed. If your order is time sensitive, please reach out to us before ordering to inquire on current inventory.